Start From The Things Where You Can Do Best, To Make The World A Better Place

To be able to make a contribution to mankind or the society can also be a kind of blessing.

Take a step back and look at the Life most of us are going through thus far. In order to minimize inconvenience in our lives and the lives of others, most of us practice self-restraint. That is how the majority of us try to do in order to get us to where we are at various stages of Life.

In the face of growing old and moving toward the livelihood of being an old man, the majority of us, at least, can perhaps attempt to shift away from our current standpoint or way of thinking of restraining ourselves towards something that speaks "do-what-you-love-to-do" as the focal point in living. One of the practical way of doing this is to transform that "who-am-I-doing-it-for" or "this-is-for-the-good-of-the-community" that forms the basis of our survival in today's context by adding in the element of "doing-what you-love-to-do".


I deeply believe that to feel contentment and happiness at the end of Life, there are at least 3 conditions that need to be fulfilled:
  1. Loving and coming to terms with being yourself
  2. Good personal relationships with people around you
  3. Having a positive impact on mankind or contributions to the society.
Be it Mother Teresa who dedicated her life to the helping the poor and the homeless, or Princess Diana who worked tirelessly for the cause of banning landmines that devastated many, or the Hollywood legend Audrey Hepburn who worked to help and bring awareness about helping the malnourished children. Each of them contributed to the society in the midst of their success and their selfless moves have deeply touched the hearts of many till today.

The "American Dream" started off with the aim of creating a life of equal opportunities for everyone and the rights to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". Over the decades, the "American Dream" tend to have been misinterpreted in describing people who have achieved success by amassing great wealth in their lifetime. However, I beg to differ in the definition of the "American Dream". To me, that is the freedom to exercise and selflessly give back what you have attained for the betterment of the society. To be able to bring out that altruistic self in the midst of modest success the society has bestowed upon you, that I call, is the essence of true "American Dream".

The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, being one of the richest men, stepped out of the business limelight after the age of 50 and turned his focus, together with his wife, in setting up the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to do charitable work.

Even though those who have the power to effect changes on a large scale like Bill Gates are few and far between, the spirit of making contribution still stems from within each individual and the kind of impact that can be made as an independent self. Hence, it does not take a very wealthy person to have an influence. 

Start from what you love doing; then go in search of what the world needs; and finally find a place where both combine. That will be your true calling in Life when that finally happens. For when the work you do is what you love doing, you will never dread it. You will go to work that fulfils you personally; you will go to work and do something that inspires people, and ultimately change people's lives for the better.

Comments

  1. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August 2010. A valuable friend told me about Dr. Itua Herbal Center in West Africa. She gave me her phone number and email address. I quickly contacted him to guarantee that his herbal medicines will heal my cancer and I will heal forever I said OK.I ask him what is the healing process, he asks me to pay the fees I did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine and then he asked me I told my friend Gomez about the herbal drug so that he gave me to go and drink it.So after drinking for two weeks, I was cured, I am so grateful and I promise that I will do it I recommend to anyone who has cancer and that that I am doing. Herbal medicine Dr. Itua makes me believe that there is hope for people with Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, cancer, scoliosis, bladder cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer and breast cancer. kidney cancer. , Leukemia, lung cancer, skin cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer Fibromyalgia, a
    Fibrodysplasia Syndrome, Epilepsy,Sclerosis sickness, Dupuytren's Disease, Diabetes, Celiac Disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's Disease, Lupus, Adrenocortic Carcinoma.Asthma, Allergic Diseases.HIV Help, HIV Aids, Herpes, Disease Chronic inflammatory, Memory disorder,
    Here is his contact information ...... [Email ... drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. Whatsapp ... + 2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How You See Yourself Ultimately Decides The Kind of Life You Will Live

Courageous People Will Make Themselves Look Normal. 5 Signs Of "Courage" Based on Alfred Adler's Psychology Theory